- Written discussions of the Dedicant’s understanding of each of the following nine virtues:
- Short essays on each of the eight ADF High Days including a discussion of the meaning of each feast:
- Short book reviews on at least:
- A brief description, with photos if possible, of the Dedicant’s home shrine and plans for future improvements. See Part 1 (portable home altar) , Part 2 (Earth Mother shrine), Part 3 (Main Shrine)
- An essay focusing on the Dedicants understanding of the meaning of the “Two Powers” meditation or other form of ‘grounding and centering’, as used in medi-tation and ritual. This account should include impressions and insights that the Dedicant gained from practical experience.
- An essay or journal covering the Dedicant’s personal experience of building mental discipline, through the use of meditation, trance, or other systematic tech-niques on a regular basis. The experiences in the essay or journal should cover at least a five months period. Preamble, 1st Journal, 2nd Journal, 3rd Journal, 4th Journal, 5th Journal
- An account of the Dedicant’s efforts to work with nature, honor the Earth, and understand the impacts and effects of the Dedicant’s lifestyle choices on the envi-ronment and/or the local ecosystem and how she or he could make a difference to the environment on a local level.
- A brief account of each High Day ritual attended or performed by the Dedicant in a twelve month period. High Days attended/performed might be celebrated with a local grove, privately, or with another Neopagan group. At least 4 of the rituals attended/performed during the training period must be ADF-style:
- ONE essay describing the Dedicants understanding of and relationship to EACH of the Three Kindred: the Spirits of Nature, the Ancestors and the Gods.
- A brief account of the efforts of the Dedicant to develop and explore a personal (or Grove-centered) spiritual practice, drawn from a specific culture or combina-tion of cultures.
- The text of the Dedicant’s Oath Rite and a self-evaluation of the Dedicant’s performance of the rite.